SPQR Senatry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Hero Experiance Sharing.
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 pm by Sir_cochran

» Server 2 rules and allies
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:32 pm by Admin

» Drop List For armor and weapons
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:10 pm by Admin

» League Rules
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:59 pm by Sir_cochran

» Thoughts on familiy heros
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am by Broii

» Caravaning
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:26 pm by Broii

» Domain Wars Guide
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 pm by Battler

» How to remove cookies to cure game lag
Thoughts on familiy heros I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 pm by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Thoughts on familiy heros

Go down

Thoughts on familiy heros Empty Thoughts on familiy heros

Post  Broii Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

First off, I would like to say the game is intended to be a competitive game, so my guess is the developers intended for every family hero group to have strengths and weaknesses. It would appear that is exactly what they have done.

Julii hero thoughts.

I am sure most of you julii people either have or are drooling over Pulio, cause of his feared TA. Everyone has seen the gaudy BRs where Pulio's TA hits every enemy unit for 1-2k damage and wins fast and furious. Well, this happens and this is Pulio's strength. Let me however be honest with you, I much prefer Pescinius Ambbush, despite having EVEN lower damage than Pulio's TA. TA is EXTREMELY strong against weak or low defence opposition, but EXTREMELY weak against hard hitting high defence heroes such as hannibal, aurelius or mithridities.
Another thought about Julii is, if you like engines, then they are probably your choice. Jullii has more engines than other families, and arguably it is that Antony is the best of alll engines, with his pierce and stun effect. You also get Antony fairly early on in the prestige tree. Draw back is, you don't get your harper till 190k prestige....hence, you have to be behind on experience sharing here.
Of course, we must talk about the MOST important topic of all families' strength or weaknesses, the final family hero; in Julii's case, CEASAR. Ceasar is an interesting prospect, with high bravery and repeating sputter. Sputter is a great skill that spreads in multi directions with low damage unless used with xtremely strong horse. Sputter is terribly devastating against engines using W array, SO LONG AS SPUTTER IS BEING FIRED FROM THE MIDDLE COLUMN. Sputter like TA has great strength, nonetheless, weakness too. Sputter forces your main hero to be fired from the Middle column, to be effective against most opponents' arrays; this can be a big problem when fighting someone who uses a whole column of piercers (like alfonzo or antony) in front of it, or one REALLY strong pierce (such as scipio). Another thing about ceasar that is concerning, he is ONLY 57 intelligence, which will make him take huge damage from tactical units.

Brutii family hero thoughts

Well, no denying the Brutti have some great heroes, my personal favorite of the early heroes is pescinius. I HATE fighting against him, as he can be as devastating as pompey and pulio combined into one. Again, he is NOT a repeating RS unit and demands HUGE resource in his horse to cause much damage. They also have the annoying RoleStones, that so many love. They do not have as many engines, and you get your harper fairly early on (40k prestige I believe). All in all, some pretty strong heroes and their final heros have repeating sweep. Some might think sweep is inferior to sputter, but let us consider this for a minute. Sputter indeed does hit more units, BUT also does far less damage. And against other arrays, such as T he hits 3 instead of 4, BUT, against a more common LATER array, V, his sweep hits 1 in the back, and 2 if attacking the side units, and so does sputter--just that sweep will hit it harder. V array is a BIG trouble to sputter users, while sweep (and pierce) will hit just as many units while doing higher damage against the dreadful V array. so, yes, ceasar will undoubtably be stronger against somme things, (probably engines) but weaker against others.

Scipii family hero thoughts

Scipii is interesting in a few ways. First off, you get your harper at only 20k prestige, so you can start sharing her right away, and hence her strength will be greater later on. Also, where the julii have there Pulio (TA) at 80k prestige, scipii has Acilius (Pierce). Which is better?? Matter of opinion. Thing to think about though, are that pierce is a great way to destroy Pulio, as it reaches to the very back of any array with devastating power. TA is more of a fixed solution, pierce gives you the ability to move around and do things.
Another interesting thing, many of you have had the terrible experience of dealing with instigate (the skill that takes as much health from your opposition and gives it to himself) which is nearly impossible to bring down. This skill is SOOO strong that many of the mods from lekool wanted it to be weakened, they thought it was not fair. Also, if you are using Ambush or TA, you can forget killing anyone of comparable strength using instigate. It is virtually impossible to kill a good instigate with TA or Ambush (or even sputter). And scipii is the ONLY family that has an instigate hero. This means that if you want to, you can use TWO instigate heroes if you are scipii. I will warn though, like anything else, instigate has its own weaknesses as well. As it only hits one target it can take a long time to take out a whole army with instigate alone (specially if you only have one).
Finally we will mention scipii engines. The truth is, they don't have many, but I do feal like Aemillius and Marius should be mentioned. Aemillius is the engine I most fear. It simply is devastating and has the added damage of fear, which drains health based on how much HP you have (the higher the hp, the more it takes) for 3 turns after it activates. Marius should be mentioned, becuase he is the ONLY TA engine out there period. If you like TA attacks, you might like Marius.
One other interesting hero to mention in the scipii family hero tree is Nero. Nero has a repeating skill, and makes green the only family with two repeating heroes. The skill he has is Testudo, kinda like a sparticus upgrade, but his skill only GREATLY increases defence, but the main thing is, it is repeating skill, so it self recharges. Another VERY interesting thing about Nero is he has the most impressive stats of any hero on his lvl by far. Infact, I would say his stats are just down right amazing, and I have seen him used with great effectiveness. His self recharging RS makes it so when he has his RS activated, he will stay in testudo the whole time and be EXTREMELY difficult to bring down, cause unlike sparticus, his skill stays at 100 RS points.
On to the final, scipio. Scipio is scipii's head heroes, like brutii's Brutus and Juliis Ceasar. His skill is pierce, and is the ONLY repeating R unit that reaches to the very back row, from the very first shot. This can be helpfull when facing other RS users who hide their main attack in the back row to let harpers charge them up, or just to protect them. Pierce cannot hit 4 heroes like sputter, but it hits harder, and reaches to the back. Scipio's stats are also more balances, no extremes; just high lvl balanced stats.

Consider these things, every strength has a weakness, and every weakness has a strength. Who has the best heroes?? depends on who they are fighting and who is using them.

Also a basic rule to RS multi hitting against single hitting skills. The more units the skill hits, the less damage it does per unit, and if it goes in more than one direction, the damage seems to go WAAYYY down and the more times it goes in more directions, the less damage it does per unit; units that spread their attack do more TOTAL (because they hit so many units) damage early in the fight when lots of enemy heroes are out there, but do little damage when faced with one last tanker.

Broii

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum